Tuxedo cats (who are affectionately addressed as “Tuxies”) are mysterious, intelligent, strikingly beautiful, and extremely lovely. What is a tuxedo cat? These felines are blessed with a formal outfit they wear for their whole life.
In other words, we are talking about a black body with white markings, located on the muzzle, chest, and paws. White whiskers and piercing gold or green eyes make their appearance elegant and attractive. This bi-colored patterning is common both for males and females, and Tuxies refer to a type of color pattern, not a breed.
What makes bi-colored cats so special? They’ve been worshiped in Ancient Egypt, they are believed to have magical powers, they have their place in history as Shakespeare, Sir Isaac Newton, and Beethoven were proud pet parents of bi-colored cats. On top of that, guess which is the only cat that made it to the top of Everest? That’s right, a tuxedo cat!
Did you know that people who win the lotteries are statistically more likely to have a tuxedo cat? So, if you want to attract luck to your life, make it brighter, shinier, and happier, find a faithful companion and best friend, then a tuxedo cat is everything rolled in one. We’ve rounded up a list of the best Tuxedo cat names you can get inspired by.
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
If you’ve decided to buy a tuxedo cat, then some tips will help you find the name of your dreams.
Consider the appearance of your cat
Your cat’s unusual appearance can be a great inspiration for a unique name. Does your kitty have a fluffy or smooth coat? Are the ears flat or pointed? Think about a word that describes your kitty’s appearance best.
Take a personality into account
Of course, you won’t get to know your new kitty’s personality immediately, and the kitty’s character is still developing. Take a few days to observe a feline’s behavior, and maybe you’ll come up with some ideas. Make sure that a name reflects a personality perfectly. For instance, Rocky is barely suitable for a shy cat.
Keep the name short
A lifetime mascot should be easy to learn and remember for your cat. Besides, it is easier for your friends and family to remember a shorter name.
Popular Cat Names Based on Pop Culture
Tuxedo cats are smarter than other cats, they are eager to learn new tricks and commands, and love playing hidden object games. These cats deserve the best names, so check out these black and white cat names, maybe one of them is just right for your cat!
- Mickey stands for a gift from God.
- Goldie is great for beauties with gold eyes.
- Coco suits elegant black and white kittens.
- Sabrina means “goddess”.
- Loki stands for “merciful”.
- Milo if your cat is gracious, this one is a perfect pick!
- Checkers is perfect for cats who have French roots.
- Smokey this name is of Native American origin, and it means “The soul of the fire”.
- Simba if your cat is as brave as a lion.
- Muffin means “my love”, and it’s just perfect for a bicolor cat, isn’t it?
- Hogan means “youth.”
- Frank Zappa signifies “farmer.”
- Tigger means “overly enthusiastic.”
- Nutmeg is great for a lucky cat.
- Sassy is a great name for a gregarious cat.
- Cheetah suits cunning felines.
- Mocha means “Chocolate Flavored Coffee” in Arabic language.
Unique Male Names
Tuxies are known for being bold, energetic, and social. Here are majestic and sophisticated cat names for your tuxedo cat.
- Ace if your cat has special talents that set him apart from others.
- Blitz a perfect nickname for a fast mover.
- Chaplin is one of the popular names for a cat in a tuxedo.
- Apollo suits male cats that tend to win hearts.
- Bodhi stands for “enlightenment”.
- Avery is your cat is a real boss, then this name with the meaning “ruler” is just perfect.
- Boomer signifies “notable”.
- Chess means “free”.
- Buster means “tough guy”.
- Cooper is one of the popular names for a white cat with black spots; it is associated with good luck.
- Bandit is perfect for a mischievous grey and white tuxedo cat.
- Checkers is a great name for an active feline.
- Badger is great for an adventurous feline.
- Dice is a perfect nickname for an outgoing cat.
- Bean means “friendly”.
- Buzz is a great option for a talkative cat.
- Diesel this name means “ruler”.
What’s a good name for a female tuxedo cat? This name should be elegant, beautiful, short, and have a positive meaning. Pulled from our database, here are female tuxedo cat names with meanings that are loved by many pet parents.
- Tuxeda is a female version of a “tuxedo”.
- Minnie is perfect for intelligent and playful cats.
- Lady if your cat’s manners are impeccable.
- Cruella for your little cute evil.
- Harlequin is the name of the mischievous “devil” character.
- Arya a name of German origin means “melody”, so it’s perfect for talkative cats.
- Atlas is the embodiment of great strength.
- Greta stands for “pearl”.
- Inky suits a black cat with white paws.
- Dotty is great for spotted kittens.
- Jewel means “precious stone”.
- Bea means “bringer of happiness”.
- Fifi suits a cute feline.
Inspired by Suits (And People Who Look Great in Them)
Choose a bold name for your dapper cat. Your cat is suited up, so you should name him in honor of his beautiful appearance. We’ve got inspired by celebrities and fashion moguls, and come up with interesting names that will emphasize your cat’s superiority.
- Benedict Cummerbund
- Blair Waldorf
- Rachel Maddow
- James Bond
- Charlie Chaplin
- George Clooney
- Marlene Dietrich
- Cattherine Hepburn
- Moira Rose
- Mr. Catson
If your cat is a foodie, then nothing can be better than food-inspired cat names. Here are some ideas.
- Jack Daniels
Cute Cartoon and Animal Inspired Names
Cartoons and unique animals are a great source of inspiration. We’ve done a job for you and created cute boy cat names and cat name ideas for girls.
- Snoopy is the name of the dog in the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz.
- Panda is great for fluffy tuxedo cats.
- Orca is perfect for large black and white cats.
- Shamu the star of the SeaWorld orca shows.
- Chilly Willy is the name of the cartoon penguin.
- Albatross is a black and white seabird.
- Penguin is great for a playful cat.
- Pepe Le Pew the name of an animated character is great for cheerful cats.
- Zebra is a great moniker for a tabby black and white cat.
Inspired by Facial Hair
Mustaches and a distinctive pattern are one of the most peculiar features of tuxedo cats. Why not name a cat after an iconic mustache wearer or choose a name derived from a special pattern? Below is a list of mustache cat names.
- Spot great for a tuxedo tabby.
- Dot is a sweet name for a grey and white tuxedo cat.
- Pebbles if your cat’s coat resembles pebbles.
- Marble for a feline with a marbled effect on its coat.
- Smudge if cat’s fur looks like a smudge.
- Blot for a cat with this type of coloring.
- Lip Toupee refers to the funny names for mustaches.
- Verdi – a cat mustache name inspired by a great composer.
- Wolverine means “a little wolf”.
- Norse Skipper
- Friendly Muttonchop
- Fu Manchu
- Hulk Hogan
- Geraldo Rivera
Famous Black and White Tuxedo Cat Names
Tuxies are definitely cool, so why not choose cool names for them?
- Zorro the name of the dashing masked villain.
- Wednesday the name of the girl from The Addams Family.
- Keys is a cool name for a cat who loves music.
- Domino is a variant of the name Dominique, meaning “lord”.
- Gatsby for fans of the novel “The Great Gatsby”.
- Phantom is a mysterious name for a long haired tuxedo cat.
- Yin-Yang for a cat who embodies a cosmic duality.
- Spade is one of the mystical names for a tabby tuxedo cat.
- Priest is perfect for fluffy cats.
- Rorschach is great for an observant cat.
Tuxies are little cuties who make our lives happier and brighter. Check out these cute names to emphasize tuxedo cats personalities.
- Calico for a cat with a unique pattern.
- Goldie if your cat holds a special place in your heart.
- Nutmeg is an aromatic seed produced by an evergreen tree.
- Sassy for bold, cheeky, and cute tuxedo cats.
- Diablo means “devil”.
- Mystical Meowsy if you believe that your cat has magical powers.
- Nightstorm if your cat is active and energetic.
- Obsidian is a type of volcanic glass.
- Odin is the symbol of wisdom and kindness.
- Voldemort means “theft of death” in French.
- Werecat is perfect for a grey tuxedo cat.
- Simba suits cats with luxurious coats.
Tuxedo Cat Names – Patterns
- Spot – this name is great for a kitty with spots.
- Dot – you may nickname your cat Dotty if it has appealing spots.
- Patches – if your cat’s markings may appear to be patched together.
- Freckles – perfect for a cat with a freckled pattern.
- Inky – suitable for cats with black and white coloration.
- Speckles – A cute way to describe a multicolored fur pattern.
Brown Tuxedo Cat Names
- Bon Bon
Why are tuxedo cats special?
Due to their unusual and endearing coat pattern, which resembles a tuxedo or formal dress, tuxedo cats are frequently regarded as exceptional felines. But here are a few reasons for why tuxedo cats are frequently seen as special:
Owners and admirers of tuxedo cats assert that these cats frequently display distinctive personality qualities. Some people characterize tuxedo cats as gregarious, extroverted, and friendly.
Tuxedo cats have been revered for their striking look throughout history. They have also been depicted in many literary and artistic works.
Tuxedo cats are seen as lucky and good omens in several cultures and customs. For instance, a tuxedo cat with a white patch on its chest is considered lucky in Japanese tradition.
Tuxedo Cat Names: Will My Cat Even Notice?
According to a study conducted by the University of Tokyo, most cats can differentiate their names apart from similar-sounding terms and other cat names. Felines react physically to their names: they move their ears, heads, and meow. In the meantime, they do not react to other felines’ names in multi-cat households.
Is a Tuxedo Cat a Rare Cat?
The tuxedo pattern isn’t uncommon, and it may be seen in almost any breed.
What if I Choose the Wrong Cat Name?
It is believed that a cat can adapt to its new name quite painlessly and without any problems.
For cats, it is not even the word we call them that matters, they react more to the combination of sounds and intonation.
And so you should accustom the animal with a different name with a gentle and affectionate voice. Especially often you should say a new word when you address the pet when you feed it or offer it some yummy treats when you pet it or play with it.
Thus, use these names for tuxedo cats to make your feline even more special.
Table of Contents